Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Active Duty Military & Veterans and Dependents Inforemation Site

Let us know how this Information assist you & your Family?

Dependents : Different benefits are available to the spouses, children and sometimes the parents of the veteran. Click on the link below to view the possible benefits available.

We strongly recommend that you enlist the services of a Veteran Service Officer before you submit your application.

They will review your application, helping ensure it has all the information the VA requires.

If you do not have a VSO yet, the NVF will help you find one. Simply call us at 888-777-4443.

Benefit Description                            Spouse                         Child                                      Parent

Dependency Indemnity

Compensation (DIC)                            Yes                                Yes                                            Yes

Death Pension                                        Yes                                 Yes                                            No

Survivors’ and


Educational Assistance

(DEA)                                                        Yes                                 Yes                                            No

(Includes Counseling

Services and Work


Specialized Vocational


                                                                      Yes                                Yes                                          No


CHAMPVA                                                  Yes                                Yes                                         No

Spina Bifida                                                 No                                 Yes                                        No

Home Loan Guaranty                               Yes                                 No                                         No

To Claim VA Life Insurance

For SGLI and VGLI claims submit VA Form SGLV 8283. For TSGLI submit VA Form SGLV 8600.

Financial Counseling is Available for SGLI/VGLI Beneficiaries from FinancialPoint® toll free at (866) 476-5764 or by email at [email protected]

Burial Benefits Next of Kin May Consider Upon the Death of the Veteran


No matter what type of USID Card you receive, you must follow all three steps listed below:

Step 1: Sponsorship & Eligibility

In order to receive a USID Card, you must be or have a sponsor. For example, if you are a Reserve or retired Service member, you are a sponsor; if you are a dependent, an active duty or retired Service member will be your sponsor.

Step 2: Registration & Enrollment

All potential cardholders must register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). To do this, you will need to complete a DD Form 1172-2.

If you are a dependent, an active duty or retired service member must take action to register you in DEERS with the required eligibility documents. Your sponsor may need to complete parts of the DD Form 1172-2. For more information on eligiblity documents, review the Pre-Arrival Checklist.

Step 3: Obtaining Your Card

You must visit a Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site for final verification and processing.

If you are a sponsor, you must bring two forms of ID in original form. At least one form of ID must be a valid State or Federal government-issued picture identification (for example, passport, driver's license, or current DoD ID card).

If you are a dependent, you must provide a completed DD Form 1172-2 and two forms of ID in original form. The DD Form 1172-2 must be:

(1) Digitally signed and submitted using RAPIDS Self Service (available for sponsors with a CAC). Although not required for ID card issuance, dependents may bring a printed copy of the digitally signed and submitted form;

(2) Signed by your sponsor in front of the Verifying Official at the RAPIDS Site;

(3) Singed by your sponsor and notarized. A wet or digital signature is acceptable; or

(4) Signed using a general Power of Attorney. A wet or digital signature is acceptable.

While you are at the RAPIDS Site, expect to have your picture taken.